Field Engineering Manager
What's the role?
The Field Engineering Manager leads a team of field-based engineers that provide engineering consultancy and act as knowledge partners to our specifying customers on specifiable hardware, Engineering software and Engineering services. They will be responsible to steer and develop the team to conduct Specifier Account Development and implement Engineering initiatives in a performance- and people-oriented manner.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Drive engineering strategy in the team in line with national Engineering strategy at Hilti.
Lead a high performing team of five to eight direct reports, composed of segmented roles on design specifications and software, engineering services, consultancy for selected key project construction sites, or specialists.
Spending majority of the time in the field with team members to coach on the job.
Create enthusiasm for Hilti’s superior core solutions and provide best-in-industry hardware, software and engineering services to the internal team and external technical community.
Drive, deliver and develop engineering excellence in close collaboration with sales and marketing departments in Hilti Thailand.
Ccollaborate and represent the Thai Engineering department with the regional and global counterparts of the multi-national Hilti Corporation and external specifiers and influencers in Thailand.
Steer competency development of the Engineering team and define approach for upfront and reverse engineering, translating into growing market share of Hilti’s specified hardware, software, and services.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Additionally, we offer you a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including training opportunities and very good health care plan.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, regardless of your background.
What you need is:
- Degree in relevant technical field (Structural/Civil Engineering or equivalent)
- Post graduate degree or MBA are assets
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a leadership role in engineering / construction, either at design offices or construction sites.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the design and construction process, in relevance to the Hilti scope of applications and products, with excellent understanding of the specification process
- Sales or Marketing experience in technical field are an asset
- Track record in a commercial, multi-national environment preferred
- Good analytical, influencing skills and strategic thinking mindset with the ability to make decisions based on analysis, experience and judgement.
- A strong leader who can develop and drive people to achieve their potential
- Interpersonal skills working in a fast-paced commercial environment involving multiple key stakeholders
- Willing to travel nationally when required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Thai
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”