Field Engineer - non structure
What's the role?
This position provides technical support and drives the sales of specified products to salesforce and customers (buying and non-buying) consistent with Hilti’s strategy. This position educates design communities concerning proper use and advantages of Hilti fastening and protection products. This position capitalizes on Hilti competencies to secure commitments for specification or approval of Hilti Products while adding value by assisting design community and influencers in solving design problems using Hilti Products. This position protects company from liability exposure through use of sound engineering judgment. Provides leadership and coaching to new and less experienced team members.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Provide technical support as requested. This may include the following:
- Face to face, telephone, and electronic communication with territory salesperson, strategic business personnel, sales managers, contractors, designers, specifiers, or officials of codes and approvals
- Competent written communication with customers (buying and non-buying); such communication must be technically accurate, minimize Hilti’s exposure, and demonstrate common sense problem solving capabilities
- Visit jobsites and company offices with or without salespeople or strategic business personnel to assess application problems, opportunities, and provide technical education and solutions
- Investigate product failures in the field and provide product management feedback on local issues as needed
- Investigate business opportunities in the field by participating in Customer Surveys as needed for product and market development
- Participate in local sales strategy development and at sales management review and improve sessions
- Obtain specifications and approvals for use of Hilti products, concentrating on high potential designers, specifiers, and owner groups:
- Provide professional educational seminars and presentations for A/E firms to inform them of Hilti products, their performance characteristics, applications, and product limitations
- Provide competent recommendations to engineers, architects, and other designers on specific applications using sound engineering judgment; educate specifier on technical advantages of Hilti solutions not covered by test data
- Provide field testing to determine appropriate capabilities in situations not covered by test data
- Review project specifications or calculations for engineers and architects; provide feedback to designers regarding accuracy, suitability, and code compliance
- Utilizing software provided by Hilti, maintain accurate records of contacts and specifications; coordinate with salesforce to ensure that key opportunities are capitalized on
- Create and coordinate jobsite management within CRM system utilizing Hi Site; includes creation of specific jobsites, applications, and active participation in the monthly sales management meetings (with RM)
- Communicate application specifications with design community to sales team utilizing CRM system, assigning tasks and action items to applicable AMs for conversion of specification to sale
- Maintain and update regional fact-base and contacts of designers, influencers, and code officials
Work with local/regional code and approval agencies to obtain necessary approvals:
- Understand construction methods and local building codes, as they relate to Hilti products
- Provide input on technical approvals and reports related to Hilti’s products
- Active in local organizations of the design and construction community, i.e. ACI, CSI, ASCE, EIT and DPT Structural - Engineer’s Association
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Additionally, we offer you a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including training opportunities and very good health care plan.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required
- Knowledge of construction methods and practices preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in engineering/construction role preferred
If you are interested for the above challenges and look for EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES, please APPLY NOW
Do you have any questions? Please, contact HR Department, Hilti (Thailand) Ltd.
Tempted to apply or find out more? Go to careers.hilti.co.th